Ipswich Town v Leeds United nostalgia: Andrews’ late goal wins it for Blues
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
In this week’s nostalgia we take a look back to August 2011, when a 90th minute winner for Ipswich condemned 10-man Leeds to their worst start to a season in 14 years at Portman Road....
Late goals from substitute Jason Scotland and Keith Andrews helped Ipswich come from behind to beat 10-man Leeds at Portman Road in August 2011.
The visitors dominated the first half and went in front in the 34th minute, when Robert Snodgrass crossed from the right and an unmarked Ross McCormack headed back across a wrong-footed Stockdale and into the net to give his side the lead.
But Aidy White’s dismissal on the 48th minute for a professional foul on Jay Emmanuel-Thomas changed the balance of the game.
United held out until the 77th minute, but they were powerless to prevent forward Jason Scotland firing his side level with a sweetly-struck effort, five minutes after he had entered the fray.
You may also want to watch:
As the game entered its final minute, the Blues scored the winner. Scotland flicked a Cresswell pass down the left into the path of Andrews, whose shot deflected off Clayton, over Lonergan and into the net for the Irishman’s third goal in three games.
Town XI: Stockdale (GK), Cresswell, Delaney, Sonko, Leadbitter (Carson 53’), Edwards, Emmanuel-Thomas (Bullard 53’), Andrews, Kennedy (Scotland 72’), Chopra, Murphy.
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour