Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Hull interested in Edwards
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Hull City are interested in signing Ipswich Town winger Gwion Edwards, according to transfer website HITC.
Edwards, 26, arrived at Portman Road in a £700k deal from League One side Peterborough United this season.
The Welshman - who arrived as a left-winger but ended up playing the whole season on the right - has had a mixed debut campaign at Championship level.
His direct running and tenacity off the ball excited fans early on, but his form dipped after Paul Lambert replaced Paul Hurst in the hot-seat before a groin problems kept him sidelined for a spell.
The former Swansea youngster's displays improved towards the end of the season and he ended up as the club's joint top-scorer with six goals, alongside Freddie Sears, also providing three assists.
You may also want to watch:
Contracted for another year (with the club holding the option to extend that by a further 12 months), it would seem unlikely that Town would want to part with a player who has recently shone in the third-tier.
The Blues aren't exactly well stocked with wide men either, with Jack Lankester, Danny Rowe and Jordan Roberts the only other options at present.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
On the flip side, Town are set to lose around £9m in revenue by dropping into League One and Lambert may want to raise funds in order to bring in the players he wants.
Hull City, who finished 12th in the Championship this season, are braced to lose star man Jarrod Bowen this summer as a number of Premier League clubs circle.