Training day for groundsmen
GROUNDSMEN from across the Eastern Counties will hear tips straight from the head of Twickenham Stadium during a training day run by Eastern Counties Rugby Union (ECRU).
Keith Kent, head groundsman at the home of rugby union, will be guest speaker at a seminar and practical working demonstration held at Bury St Edmunds RFC next month.
A spokesman for the organisers said: “Keith will be delivering presentations covering both in-season maintenance and post-season renovations of winter games pitches.
The special day will be run in association with the Institute of Groundsmanship and is available to anyone who tends to rugby pitches in the area.
In a memo to clubs, Andrew Sarek, facilities coordinator for ECRU, said: “Please encourage someone involved with the upkeep of the grounds at your club to come along, even if only for part of the day, as it promises to be a useful and informative event that will ultimately benefit your playing surfaces.”
The day will be held on Wednesday, March 7, at Bury RFC with registration starting at 9am.
For more information or to confirm your attendance, please contact Lisa Greetham on 01449 614674 or email email@example.com.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park