Training day for groundsmen
GROUNDSMEN from across the Eastern Counties will hear tips straight from the head of Twickenham Stadium during a training day run by Eastern Counties Rugby Union (ECRU).
Keith Kent, head groundsman at the home of rugby union, will be guest speaker at a seminar and practical working demonstration held at Bury St Edmunds RFC next month.
A spokesman for the organisers said: “Keith will be delivering presentations covering both in-season maintenance and post-season renovations of winter games pitches.
The special day will be run in association with the Institute of Groundsmanship and is available to anyone who tends to rugby pitches in the area.
In a memo to clubs, Andrew Sarek, facilities coordinator for ECRU, said: “Please encourage someone involved with the upkeep of the grounds at your club to come along, even if only for part of the day, as it promises to be a useful and informative event that will ultimately benefit your playing surfaces.”
You may also want to watch:
The day will be held on Wednesday, March 7, at Bury RFC with registration starting at 9am.
For more information or to confirm your attendance, please contact Lisa Greetham on 01449 614674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed