Transfer Deadline Day latest; Colchester United sign Liam Mandeville from Doncaster
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United have completed their second signing of the day by securing the services of striker Liam Mandeville on a loan deal.
Front-runner Mandeville has signed on loan from League One club Doncaster Rovers until the end of the season.
He therefore joins fellow new recruit, Olamide Shodipo, at the Weston Homes Community Stadium following the 20-year-old’s earlier loan switch from QPR.
Mandeville, also aged 20, has been at Doncaster since the age of 16, finally appearing in the first team under then-manager Darren Ferguson’s tenure in the spring of 2015.
Mandeville enjoyed a terrific start to his career, netting 10 goals in just 27 outings in 2016-17 to help Rovers to a third-placed finish in the fourth tier.
You may also want to watch:
This season, Mandeville has made 24 senior appearances, and also scored four goals in his last 11 outings.
Like Shodipo, he will be available to make his Colchester debut at home to Newport County this Saturday.
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired