Summer transfer window dates set... with a two-week ‘domestic only’ extension
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The dates for the summer transfer window have been set.
The window will open on July 27, at the conclusion of the Premier League and Championship seasons, and will run until 11pm on October 5.
In addition, there will be a two-week ‘domestic only’ transfer window in which Premier League and EFL clubs will be able to trade with one another.
However, no deals will be permitted between Premier League clubs during this period, which ends on October 16.
The dates still need to be officially ratified by FIFA.
You may also want to watch:
It is yet to be decided when the 2020/21 season will begin, but it’s understood a start date of September 12 is preferred while a start on August 29 has been discussed.
It’s hoped reduced capacity crowds will be allowed in stadiums by this date.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 8 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop