Trawlerboys win again
Lowestoft Town produced another accomplished performance at the impressive Carlsberg Stadium – the new home of Biggleswade Town.
LOWESTOFT Town produced another accomplished performance at the impressive Carlsberg Stadium – the new home of Biggleswade Town.
With Andy Reynolds unavailable the Blues had two new keepers on show with Phil Smith between the sticks in the first half and Jamie Greygoose the second.
Lowestoft – who have already betean Leiston, Braintree and Cambridge United in pre-season – found their rhythm form the outset as Dale Cockrill was foiled by the legs of keeper and Joe Francis screwed a shot wide of the far post.
The latter eventually broke the deadlock in the 10th minute when volleying home following a corner.
You may also want to watch:
The Zamaretto League Division One Central hosts (Step Four) enjoyed a good spell just before the break with Geoffrey Banks-Smith’s effort dipping just over the bar and Lee Harman denied by a fine one-handed save by Smith.
Lowestoft were back on top in the second half though with Stuart Ainsley’s 25-yard drive tipped over the bar and Christy Finch hooking over.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
Harman again went close for the home side before Lowestoft doubled their lead in the 61st minute when Michael Cox steered a header into his own net under little pressure following Jamie Godbold’s cross.
Lowestoft: P Smith (Greygoose 46), Poppy, A Smith, Cockrill, Halliday, Gaughran, Godbold, Fisk (Ainsley 46), Forshaw (Finch 53), Francis, Mitchell (Cave-Brown 59). Unused Sub: Haynes-Brown.