Chalobah called up by England for Under 19 Euros... meaning he could miss all of Ipswich’s pre-season
- Credit: PA
Trevoh Chalobah will not be with the Ipswich Town squad at Braintree tomorrow and is set to miss a large chunk of pre-season after being called up by England.
Chalobah, who turned 19 during Ipswich’s Spanish training camp, played in the 1-0 behind-closed-doors victory over Kilmarnock but will miss tomorrow’s game at Braintree after being called up by England.
The teenager trained at St George’s Park today ahead of the Under 19 European Championship in Finland, which begins on Monday, with England’s opening game coming on Tuesday against Turkey before clashes with Ukraine and Frace on July 20 and 23.
The final is scheduled for July 29 in Seinäjoki meaning, if holders England progress that far, Chalobah will miss the entirety of his club’s pre-season schedule.
It is understood Chelsea are keen for their player to compete in the tournament, with the England squad officially confirmed on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A trio of Ipswich midfielders have represented England’s Under 19s in recent years, but Andre Dozzell, Flynn Downes and Tristan Nydam are all due to be part of the Ipswich squad for the visit to National League side Braintree and be available throughout pre-season.
Neither Bartosz Bialkowski or Jonas Knudsen will be involved in Essex, as they enjoy their final few days of extended leave following the World Cup, with the rest of Paul Hurst’s squad all likely to see minutes at Cressing Road.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
Fans will also have the opportunity to see new signing Jordan Roberts in action for the first time since his move from Crawley.
Kick-off is at 3pm with prices set at £10 adults; £5 senior citizens and £5 for U18s with tickets available on the gate.