‘I want to thank Ipswich Town for taking me in’ - Chalobah makes move to France
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder Trevoh Chalobah has thanked Ipswich Town after making a move to France this summer.
The former loanee, who was with Town as they were relegated from the Championship in 2018/19, has joined French top flight side Lorient on loan from Chelsea for the coming campaign.
And after completing his move, Chalobah thanked Ipswich for the role the club played in his development, as well as Huddersfield, his side last season.
“A new journey and chapter has started,” Chalobah tweeted.
“I am extremely happy to be joining FC Lorient for the coming season.
MORE: Early promise, in from the cold, new beginnings and round pegs in round holes - talking points from Colchester wins“I would like to thank both Ipswich Town and Huddersfield Town for taking me in and developing me as a player in the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a physically and mentally tough two years but I’ve become stronger.
“I wish you both all the best this season and for the future. Thank you.”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Chalobah played 44 games during his time with Ipswich, scoring twice.