Newman steps down as Walsham look for a new manager
- Credit: Archant
Trevor Newman has stepped down from his role as first team manager of Walsham-le-Willows following last night’s match against Thetford Town.
The visitors, who lost manager Danny White only the week previously, beat Walsham 3-2 at Summer Road - only Thetford's second win in 12 league games and a result that put Walsham bottom of Thurlow Nunn Premier.
Matt Morton is now in charge at Thetford.
A club statement said: "We would like to put on record our thanks and appreciation for his hard work and dedication over the last two seasons, especially the excellent season we had last year with one of our best finishes in the Thurlow Nunn Premier league for the club.
"We now invite applications for the manager's position to be made initially to chairman Keith Mills on email@example.com or by phoning 07789 847023.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Walsham entertain Long Melford in the Thurlow Nunn Premier, before playing Whitton twice on the bounce, both away in Ipswich - once in the Suffolk Premier Cup and once in the league.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Crash between two motorbikes
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 10 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!