Trevor still driving force behind Becks
FORMER Ipswich driving school instructor Trevor James remains a key figure at David Beckham's MSL club Los Angeles Galaxy.James assists first team coach Ruud Gullit as well as being in charge of player development at the most high profile USA football club.
FORMER Ipswich driving school instructor Trevor James remains a key figure at David Beckham's MSL club Los Angeles Galaxy.
James assists first team coach Ruud Gullit as well as being in charge of player development at the most high profile USA football club.
A former youth player with Ipswich Town, James originally went to Galaxy on the invitation of ex-Ipswich defender Frank Yallop, who was then first team coach.
You may also want to watch:
He was Yallop's assistant from June 2006 until the former Canadian international departed Galaxy last November.
James took over as interim head coach, leading the club in a couple of pre-season friendlies, and under Gullit he assists with first team coaching, match day preparations and team and player scouting.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
In addition, he is also director of player development, overseeing the club's official youth development programme.
The Under-15 and Under-18 teams began training under James' control last October, and James oversees all aspects of the youth development teams' creation and development.
James is Galaxy's longest-serving coach, having began his career with Ipswich in 1975 before joining Viking Stavangar in Norway in 1978.
He was involved with Colchester United on a part time basis, doubling up as a driving instructor at the same time.
The 49-year old, who was born in Norwich, first went to the US in 1984 to conclude his career with the Los Angeles Lazers of the Major Indoor Soccer League.
A year later he moved into the coaching ranks working with Ipswich, Colchester and Cambridge United before linking up with Yallop and re-crossing the Atlantic.
James holds coaching licenses from US Soccer, UEFA and the Football Association where he was on the coaching education staff.
He is the founding director of School Of Soccer, USA; a youth soccer coaching school in the Los Angeles area, which is run by his wife Tiffany.