Trials for Otley College Football Academy
Otley College is setting up a brand new football academy from September 2012.
Open trials will be held on Wednesday 29 August 2012 between 6.30pm and 8.30pm.
The academy is part of a partnership with Easton College (based in Norfolk). They – Easton - currently have 150 learners on a similar scheme.
George Caplan, Director of Sport at Easton College, said, “In recent years, the Easton sports team has produced players that have gone onto play at the highest level of local football. Along the way they have also produced one or two players that have gone into the professional game. However, what is most pleasing is the number of ex-students that have gone into football development and coaching jobs. We are now looking to extend these opportunities to Otley college students.”
The current course leader for football at Easton, Gaven Tipple, explained what is different about the programme to other schemes
You may also want to watch:
“We have UEFA A standard coaches, many of which are ex-professionals and can offer the students a real insight into what is required to make it in professional football. Of course we recognise that for many students, a career in football development or coaching is more realistic. We work with learners to be the best they can be at whatever football related path they choose”
“Alongside football coaching, successful applicants will study for a BTEC qualification in sport. They also receive an individualised fitness training programme, sports psychology support and nutrition planning advice and guidance.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Lynsey Wilson, Programme Area Coordinator for Sport and Outdoor Education at Otley – said, “We are very excited about developing our football provision at Otley thanks to this new partnership.”
“We currently deliver the education for Ipswich Town academy players and have links with many other clubs. We look forward to welcoming football enthusiasts along to our trial at the end of August.”
For more information contact or to book your place Bev Lee on 01473 784131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org