Tribunal sets Magnus fee
Colchester United will have to pay an initial compensation fee of �45,000 to Dagenham & Redbridge, following yesterday's Football League Tribunal which examined last month's transfer of defender Magnus Okuonghae from the Daggers to the U's.
Colchester United will have to pay an initial compensation fee of �45,000 to Dagenham & Redbridge, following yesterday's Football League Tribunal which examined last month's transfer of defender Magnus Okuonghae from the Daggers to the U's. Further clauses will kick in, depending on appearances, possible promotion, and any future move to a new club.
The U's will have to pay an extra �5,000 when the 23-year-old centre-half reaches 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances, equating to a maximum total of �20,000. In addition, if the U's win promotion to the Championship within the next two seasons, and Okuonghae is still at the club, then the Daggers will be due another �15,000. Finally, the Daggers will be entitled to 20% from any transfer fee that the U's receive for the player.
U's Chief Executive Steve Bradshaw said: “It feels like a fair reflection of his value, given the fact that whilst he had been impressive last season, it was his first full league campaign from start to finish.”
You may also want to watch:
Okuonghae made his U's debut in the opening day 7-1 win at Norwich City.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'