Trio of talented skiers make English team
A TRIO of talented skiers from Woodbridge School have been selected for the English Schools Ski Association team (ESSKIA) and squad in Scandinavia next February.
Fourteen-year-old Adam Lillywhite, his sister Alex, 12, and Tom Goddard, 15, will complete training in Norway following a successful summer season on the artificial slopes.
The Suffolk Vikings Ski Club members will then go on and represent ESSKIA at future competitions, with 12-year-old Alex competing at under-19 level, having been selected following their performances in regional and national events held at Welwyn and Stoke.
“To be selected is a great achievement for Adam, Alex and Tom,” said Adam Lubbock, head of sport at Woodbridge School.
“They are dedicated individuals who are lucky to have such supportive parents transporting them all over the region in club and school competitions.
You may also want to watch:
“To have three selected from the school this year has been a real bonus.”
- Would you like to see your pupils featured in the Evening Star’s brand-new school sport column?
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
Reporter Chris Brammer is waiting to hear from you.
Contact him at email@example.com or on Twitter @ChrisBramms