Trio sign new Town deals
SPANISH defender Sito Castro has signed a new two-and-a-half year deal as Ipswich Town made three signings in one day.The 25-year-old joined Gavin Williams and Danny Haynes in signing new contracts with the Blues yesterday.
By Derek Davis
SPANISH defender Sito Castro has signed a new two-and-a-half year deal as Ipswich Town made three signings in one day.
The 25-year-old joined Gavin Williams and Danny Haynes in signing new contracts with the Blues yesterday.
The versatile full-back agreed the extension on the one-year contract he was handed in August after impressing during a trial.
You may also want to watch:
Castro arrived from Spanish Second Division side Racing Ferrol and has been a regular at full-back ever since and has enjoyed life in England.
Castro said: “I'm really enjoying my football here. The players and fans have made me feel so welcome. Playing in front of 24,000 at Ipswich is great and when the fans sing my name it gives me goose-bumps.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
FA Youth Cup winner Danny Haynes, who turns 18 on Monday, has signed his first professional contract which will keep him at Portman Road until the summer of 2008.
Haynes has enjoyed a remarkable rise from youth team to first team this season, making his debut in the 2-0 win at Leeds in September and then starting for the first time when Town beat Sheffield Wednesday last month and again in the 1-0 win over Luton Town.
As expected, midfielder Williams penned a three-and-a-half year contract after agreeing personal terms to join the Blues full-time after a successful loan spell.
The EADT revealed that Town had agreed a £300,000 deal with West Ham to take the former Yeovil star on a permanent basis and the paperwork has now all been completed.