Triple delight for Suffolk badminton players, Patricia Kou and Ben Bennett-Day
- Credit: Archant
Meridians’ Patricia Kou and Stowmarket’s Ben Bennett-Day both won three titles at the Ipswich & District Badminton League’s Under-18 Championships.
Held at Northgate Sports Centre, in Ipswich, the competition marked the second consecutive year that Kou finished the day unbeaten.
She lifted the round-robin girls’ singles event, which included victory against runner-up, Anna Keeble (YMCA).
Kou and Meridians’ team-mate, Teresa Chungk, then took the girls’ doubles title with victory over Woodbridge’s Tilly Barnard and Beth Scahill.
Bennett-Day won the boys’ singles with Rylee Hoang (YMCA), defeated 14-21, 13-21 by the champion, finishing as runner-up.
You may also want to watch:
Bennett-Day then partnered Craig Newcombe (Stowmarket) to lift the boys’ doubles trophy, with Lucas Campbell-Robson and Matthew Cook (YMCA) in second place.
Finally, Kou and Bennett-Day joined forces to complete their treble, with success in the mixed doubles event.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Matchday Live: Goalless at the break in first game of a new era at Town
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
In their match against Chung and Newcombe, who were runners-up, they came out on top, 21-14, 21-9.