Triple injury blow for U’s
COLCHESTER United have been dealt a triple injury blow with the news that key first team trio Magnus Okuonghae, Marc Tierney and Andy Bond will all be out for the coming weeks.
Centre-back Okuonghae could be out for six to eight weeks after a specialist ruled bone bruising on his ankle must be given time to fully heal in a protective boot.
Meanwhile, midfielder Bond and left-back Tierney will both undergo minor hernia surgery tomorrow and will be out for a minimum of two weeks as a result.
Okuonghae first suffered the injury against Tranmere towards the end of September and took another blow to the same ankle at Oldham in the middle of October.
After missing four games he returned to the team for games against Swindon and Hartlepool this month but after reporting some further discomfort was sent to a specialist.
You may also want to watch:
Tierney and Bond have both been playing with their hernia problems for the last few weeks but it is now felt that surgery is required. Tierney, who has already missed a lot of this season with a dislocated shoulder, underwent the same routine hernia operation last season.
Colchester currently have cover for Tierney in the form of Bristol City loanee Tom Williams and U’s boss John Ward admits he may have to look at extending that deal for a second time once it expires following Saturday’s game at Brighton.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player