Twins Shaun and Matthew Arnold on track for new Kart Stars season
Twins Shaun and Matthew Arnold, 15, have been gearing up for the brand-new season of the Formula Kart Stars Championship.
The East Bergolt High School pupils, from Capel St Mary, raced at Whilton Mill, Daventry, recently, ahead of the Formula One Management-supported championship, in April.
There, they will compete in the 75mph Junior Rotax class.
Shaun earned two third-place finishes and an eighth in his heats and began the final in fourth place.
And that is where he finished as he missed out on a podium place by just three tenths of a second.
As for Matthew, he was hit very hard from behind and his machine suffered irreparable damage.
Finishes of ninth, 11th and 21st in his heats left him precariously placed in the middle of the pack for the start of the final.
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 8 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 9 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 10 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
“I got a good first corner but as we went up the hill to Christmas Corner I got hit very hard from behind,” he added.
“I’ve been quick in the heats but I haven’t had the luck in the finals yet.
“By April I’ll be ready to beat Shaun!”