Twins Shaun and Matthew Arnold on track for new Kart Stars season
Twins Shaun and Matthew Arnold, 15, have been gearing up for the brand-new season of the Formula Kart Stars Championship.
The East Bergolt High School pupils, from Capel St Mary, raced at Whilton Mill, Daventry, recently, ahead of the Formula One Management-supported championship, in April.
There, they will compete in the 75mph Junior Rotax class.
Shaun earned two third-place finishes and an eighth in his heats and began the final in fourth place.
And that is where he finished as he missed out on a podium place by just three tenths of a second.
You may also want to watch:
As for Matthew, he was hit very hard from behind and his machine suffered irreparable damage.
Finishes of ninth, 11th and 21st in his heats left him precariously placed in the middle of the pack for the start of the final.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
“I got a good first corner but as we went up the hill to Christmas Corner I got hit very hard from behind,” he added.
“I’ve been quick in the heats but I haven’t had the luck in the finals yet.
“By April I’ll be ready to beat Shaun!”