Two ex-U’s strikers on the transfer list
- Credit: PA
FORMER Colchester United striker Steven Gillespie has been placed on the transfer-list.
Injury-prone Gillespie, who left the U’s to join ambitious League Two club Fleetwood Town last summer, has been told that he is surplus to requirements at Highbury Stadium.
Fleetwood boss Graham Alexander has admitted that Gillespie is not a part of his long-term plans, even though he is still under contract.
The 27-year-old scored just four goals last season, although once again his opportunities were limited by injuries. He made just 22 league appearances, and only four since the turn of the year.
Menawhile, fellow former Colchester striker Kayode Odejayi was told last week that he could leave Rotherham on a free transfer, even though he still has another year left on his contract at the Yorkshire club.
You may also want to watch:
The Millers clinched promotion to League One but, more often than not, Odejayi was employed as a substitute rather than in the starting line-up.
He had left Colchester the previous summer, after winning the main player-of-the-season award.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival