Two strikers heading for Spurs exit?
TOTTENHAM have turned down a bid of �8million from Birmingham for their unsettled Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, even though Eidur Gudjohnsen is likely to sign on at White Hart Lane.
TOTTENHAM have turned down a bid of �8million from Birmingham for their unsettled Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, even though Eidur Gudjohnsen is likely to sign on at White Hart Lane. (Daily Mail)
The Iceland forward, 31, is expected to join on loan for the season from Monaco following a medical.
Gudjohnsen looked set to sign for West Ham until Spurs stepped in late on Tuesday.
The French club are willing to pay most of his �2.5m salary after Gudjohnsen fell out with coach Guy Lacombe.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Robbie Keane could be heading out of Spurs to West Ham. Agents have been sounding out suitors for Keane, who has been sidelined in Harry Redknapp's team.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast