U’s back in relegation zone
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United dropped back into the relegation zone last night, following Oldham Athletic’s 2-1 win at Stevenage.
The Latics leapfrogged the U’s, out of the bottom four, by winning their game in hand at Broadhall Way thanks to a strong comeback.
James Dunne had handed Stevenage an early lead, but Oldham produced a much improved second-half display to record their second league win on the bounce.
Skipper Dean Furman grabbed an equaliser inside the first minute of the second half before James Tarkowski headed home the winner from Jonathan Grounds’ corner
The U’s recent run of three wins from five games, therefore, has been insufficient to keep them out of the relegation zone, going into the last 14 fixtures of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Results had gone against them last weekend, with their own 3-0 defeat at Sheffield United compounded by wins for fellow strugglers Shrewsbury and Preston.
Lowly Scunthorpe have also rallied with three straight home wins in recent weeks.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Joe Dunne’s men entertain Tranmere Rovers on Saturday. Rovers were beaten 3-1 at home by managerless Swindon last night.