U’s boss Dunne is “OK” with a point
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne was satisfied with his side’s point in a 1-1 home draw against Crawley Town this afternoon.
Freddie Sears’ sixth minute opener was cancelled out by Emile Sinclair’s 32nd minute equaliser, in what was a very open game, especially in the first half.
Dunne said: “I thought the two teams cancelled each other out in the end.
“There were a lot of so-nearlys. Crawley started well, but we then got a foothold in the game, got the goal, and played well.
“Jabo Ibehre had two opportunities to effectively put the game beyond Crawley, but then they went down the other end and scored.
You may also want to watch:
“But I’m OK with today.
“I thought it was perhaps frustrating to watch for the supporters, but this was a game that we could easily have lost in the past,” added Dunne.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery