U’s boss McGreal seeks advice from George Burley
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has been seeking advice from former Ipswich Town and U’s manager George Burley, during the recent break from competitive action.
The U’s are riding high in third spot, the final automatic promotion place, going into Saturday’s home match against Football League basement dwellers Macclesfield.
His side have not had a game for 10 days, since a 1-0 success at Forest Green Rovers last Tuesday week, but McGreal is always on the look-out for new ideas, hence his discussion with Burley.
“I had a meeting with George Burley last week,” revealed McGreal.
“It was a chance to get ideas off him, and to learn off him.
You may also want to watch:
“George has been there and done that. He’s managed at international level (with Scotland), managed abroad and won promotion (with Ipswich).
“It’s the best way for me to keep improving, to speak to people like George.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search