U’s boss takes his hat off to the Magpies
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward admitted that his side were second best to Notts County, following a 4-1 reverse at Meadow Lane this afternoon.
Goals from Jeff Hughes, Daniel Bogdanovic, Alan Judge and Kieron Freeman condemned the U’s to a heavy defeat, before Anthony Wordsworth crashed home his 13th goal of the season in stoppage time.
Ward said: “It was a day for Notts County, not us.
“They’ve finished off their moves pretty well, and we’ve been disappointed with their first two goals.
“The third one (from Judge) was out of this world and you feel like applauding it yourself.
You may also want to watch:
“We at least drew the second half 1-1, but lost the game, and the way it went it was Notts County’s day.
“They are a good side and they deserved to win.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 9 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 10 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
“Overall, we have finished 10th, so there’s a lot of good things looking at the big picture with this football club.,
“We are just disappointed that we have finished this season on a low,” added Ward.