U’s Boxing Day match postponed
COLCHESTER United’s scheduled Boxing Day match at Peterborough United has been postponed.
Referee Kevin Wright called the League One match off after ruling the London Road pitch was frozen at an inspection this morning, with temperatures unlikely to rise much above freezing over the next couple of days.
This is the second match in succession – and third this month – that Colchester have had postponed due to the weather.
Games at Brighton and Bristol Rovers have already been postponed, with only the former having been rearranged so far.
With the U’s still in the FA Cup it makes for a hectic New Year schedule. As it stands, the Essex club are facing seven games in January and six in February, with two more to squeeze in when possible.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester are due to host Oldham on December 28, but are facing a race themselves to clear the pitch and surrounding areas of snow themselves.
For all the latest, keep checking www.greenun24.co.uk, or follow Stuart_Watson on www.twitter.com.
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 5 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash