U's climch sponsorship deal with PUMA
THE "Yellow Army" will be making a return next season as Colchester United look to make a big impression in League One.The U's yellow away kit, which proved so popular during the Essex club's historic promotion to the Championship in 2005-06, will be the first choice kit on the road for the new campaign.
THE "Yellow Army" will be making a return next season as Colchester United look to make a big impression in League One.
The U's yellow away kit, which proved so popular during the Essex club's historic promotion to the Championship in 2005-06, will be the first choice kit on the road for the new campaign. And this decision coincided with the news that the U's have secured a four-year sponsorship package with sports firm PUMA, to provide all the kit for the first team and the youth team, as well as all the training gear, over the next four seasons.
U's Chief Executive Marie Partner said: "We are delighted about our association with PUMA.
"Their business has always been renowned for its quality of sportswear, as its worn by some of the top sporting teams in the world."
You may also want to watch:
U's supporters will no doubt be delighted that the yellow away kit is making a return - the club secured promotion to the Championship two years ago while sporting the all-yellow look during the key goalless draw at Yeovil on the final day of the campaign.
Meanwhile, the likes of manager Geraint Williams, assistant boss Kit Symons, coach Joe Dunne and goalkeeping coach Ademola Bankoloe all enjoyed a run-out for the cub in a friendly fixture against the Media at Layer Road yesterday afternoon.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
The club won 4-0, with Williams and Dunne amongst the scorers.