U’s decimated by injuries
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United are decimated by injuries, ahead of this Saturday’s trip to struggling Bristol City.
In addition to left-back Ryan Dickson (ill) and centre-half Daniel Pappoe (suspended), U’s boss Joe Dunne has lost the services of virtually a whole team to injury.
Wingers Sanchez Watt (quad), Gavin Massey (hamstring) and Drey Wright (knee) will all miss out, as will centre-halves Josh Thompson (ankle) and Tom Eastman (ankle).
Back-up keeper Mark Cousins picked up a foot injury while playing for the Under-21s this week, and so is not expected to feature. Others currently on the sidelines are Tosin Olufemi (thigh), Mason Spence (hamstring) and Conor Hubble (dead leg).
Manager Joe Dunne revealed this morning: “Mark (Cousins) has got stitches in his foot and it looks very painful, so I think he might join the list!
You may also want to watch:
“From that list, Connor Hubble is perhaps the only one who could make Saturday’s trip.
“If I can’t fill the bench, then I’ll drag in one or two of the youth team players,” added Dunne.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions