U’s defender Eastman recalled from Crawley
COLCHESTER United have recalled Tom Eastman from his loan stay at Crawley Town.
Former Ipswich Town defender Eastman, who rejected the offer of a short-term contract at Portman Road to join the U’s over the summer, had impressed during his first month at League Two high-fliers Crawley.
He was in the early stages of his second month at the Sussex club when U’s manager John Ward, due to a defensive crisis, decided to recall 19-year-old Eastman today.
Magnus Okuonghae is suspended for this Saturday’s trip to Sheffield Wednesday, while fellow centre-halves Pat Baldwin and Matt Heath are both struggling with toe and ankle injuries respectively.
Meanwhile, the U’s Reserves were beaten 4-2 by Southend United’s second string yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
On the plus side for the U’s, winger Ashley Vincent played the full 90 minutes in his second comeback game following a knee injury, suffered at the end of the first week of the season.
Vincent and Steven Gillespie were the U’s scorers against visiting Southend..
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain