U’s draw Wycombe in JPT
COLCHESTER United have drawn Wycombe Wanderers at home in the second round of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.
The U’s will host their fierce rivals at The Weston Homes Community Stadium at some stage on the week commencing October 4.
This is the first home draw the U’s have had in this competition since March 2006 when they played Swansea at Layer Road in the second leg of the Southern Area final.
Colchester’s last three matches against the Chair Boys – who were relegated from League One at the end of last season – have all ended in 1-1 draws.
The U’s were knocked out in the first round of this competition to Gillingham last season, but were given a bye past that stage this time around.
You may also want to watch:
The second round draw is a regionalised one.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial