U’s drawn away to Accrington Stanley in FA Cup
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United have been drawn away to Accrington Stanley in the first round of the FA Cup, following this evening’s draw.
The U’s are away at Grimsby Town tomorrow night, targeting a third league win on the trot.
But looking further ahead, they have a tricky trip to Crown Ground to take on League One high-fliers Accrington, who were crowned League Two champions last season.
This will be the second meeting with Accrington in the FA Cup, and the third match.
Back in 2004, Phil Parkinson’s Colchester side drew 0-0 away, before winning the replay 2-1 back at Layer Road, with Joe Keith scoring both goals.
You may also want to watch:
On the opening day of last season, the U’s were well beaten 3-1 at Accrington.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad