U’s set for play-off clash with Exeter
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United will host Exeter City in the first leg of their League Two play-off semi-final clash next Thursday.
With League Two voting to end the season today, and the EFL framework as to how to finish the campaign also being agreed, Swindon Town were promoted as champions, with Crewe Alexandra and Plymouth Argyle taking the other two promotion spots.
Cheltenham Town, Exeter City, Colchester and Northampton Town will contest the play-offs, with the U’s, who finish in sixth spot on points-per-game, hosting Exeter next Thursday (June 18) at 5.15pm, behind closed doors.
The second leg will be played at Exeter on Monday, June 22, also at 5.15pm.
In the other tie, Northampton start at home against Cheltenham on June 18 (7.45pm), before the return leg on June 22 (8pm).
You may also want to watch:
The League Two Play-off Final will be held at Wembley Stadium on Monday, June 29, at 7.30pm.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit