U’s game at Sheffield United postponed
Colchester United’s trip to Sheffield United next Saturday has been postponed due to the Blades’ international call-ups.
First team quartet David Edgar, Che Adams, Callum McFadzean and Louis Reed have been called up for their respective countries, triggering the Football Association regulations that would permit a request for a postponement.
The Blades have since lodged that request, meaning the game on Saturday, September 5 has been called off.
That means that the U’s will now have a free weekend between the midweek Johnstone’s Paint Trophy game at Northampton on Tuesday, September 1 and the weekend trip to Chesterfield on September 12.
A new date for the Sheffield United game is expected to be confirmed early next week.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s host Scunthorpe at The Weston Homes Community Stadium tomorrow afternoon (3pm).
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 4 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial