U’s game at Walsall called off
COLCHESTER United’s match at Walsall tomorrow has been postponed due to the wintry weather.
Following a lunchtime pitch inspection at the Bescot Stadium, referee Robert Lewis had no hesitation in calling off the League One clash due to a frozen pitch.
It is the second successive U’s match that has fallen victim to the weather, following the previous weekend’s postponement of the home game against high-flying Sheffield United, again due to a frozen surface.
John Ward’s men have not played for a fortnight, since recording a 1-0 win at Leyton Orient.
But there are high hopes that the U’s home game against Brentford, scheduled for Tuesday night, will beat the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, U’s teenage defender, Bradley Hamilton, has been offered a new contract.
Hamilton has yet to make his senior debut, although he has been in and around the first team squad on occasions.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema