U’s game called off
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
COLCHESTER United’s match at Hartlepool United tomorrow has been postponed following a pitch inspection this morning.
Local referee Neil Sharp called off the League One fixture, due to heavy snow and freezing temperatures. The Victoria Park pitch has been covered by three inches of snow all week.
The U’s game is just one of several League One games already postponed.
These include another of the relegation battles, Scunthorpe v Portsmouth, plus lowly Bury’s home game against Stevenage, and Crawley’s match against Carlisle.
No new date has yet been arranged for the U’s trip to Hartlepool.
You may also want to watch:
The postponement means that Anthony Wordsworth will now miss the following weekend’s home game against Walsall, due to the second of his two-match suspension.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles