U’s game called off
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
COLCHESTER United’s match at Hartlepool United tomorrow has been postponed following a pitch inspection this morning.
Local referee Neil Sharp called off the League One fixture, due to heavy snow and freezing temperatures. The Victoria Park pitch has been covered by three inches of snow all week.
The U’s game is just one of several League One games already postponed.
These include another of the relegation battles, Scunthorpe v Portsmouth, plus lowly Bury’s home game against Stevenage, and Crawley’s match against Carlisle.
No new date has yet been arranged for the U’s trip to Hartlepool.
The postponement means that Anthony Wordsworth will now miss the following weekend’s home game against Walsall, due to the second of his two-match suspension.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield