U’s go ‘back to basics’
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, revealed that his side “went back to basics,” to rediscover their winning touch.
The U’s recorded only their second win in the last 18 league and cup games, with a 3-1 home success over MK Dons last night.
United bossed possession, attacked with purpose, and were generally very positive all evening.
Dunne explained: “We revisited the basics.
“We had worked on defending set pieces, and we were in all day (training) before the game.
You may also want to watch:
“We really wanted it, and we felt we had to do all the niggling things correct.
“We had to be physical and aggressive in the right manner, to try and dominant and get into their back four.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
“Our game plan worked. It was a great result against a very good team,” added Dunne.
Goals from Craig Eastmond, Jabo Ibehre and Macauley Bonne sealed last night’s win, with Jordan Spence on target for the Dons.
The U’s are at Tranmere Rovers this Saturday.