U’s hand new deal to Olufemi
- Credit: Archant
Tosin Olufemi has signed a new contract which will keep him at Colchester United for the next three years.
Olufemi is a product of the U’s Academy, having impressed in his natural position on the wing, while also showing his versatility as a right-back.
The 19-year-old was handed his debut by manager Joe Dunne last season, as a 70th minute substitute in a 2-1 win at Bury on March 16.
He is yet to make an appearance this term, but is regarded as a player with a big future ahead of him.
Manager Dunne said: “Tosin signing a new deal is testament to the focus on our youth.
You may also want to watch:
“We left Tosin at home (for the Sheffield United game). I have a tight group, and it’s hard to leave players out.
“But it’s a long season ahead, and we know the pitfalls.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe