U’s home debuts for Monakana and Garbutt
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, could well named an unchanged side for tomorrow’s visit of ninth-placed Crawley.
And that means home debuts for the loan duo of Jeffrey Monakana and Luke Garbutt, who both caught the eye at Bradford City last weekend.
Winger Sanchez Watt remains sidelined by a quad injury, while the three substitutes employed during the 2-2 draw at Bradford have their own problems.
Winger Gavin Massey aggravated a hamstring injury during his cameo role at Valley Parade, which will keep him out of action for a month, and Chelsea loanee Daniel Pappoe only lasted a few minutes before being sent off – he serves the first of a three-match ban tomorrow.
Freddie Sears, the third substitute to appear against the Bantams, will probably start on the bench, due to an ongoing groin injury.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, manager Joe Dunne will have to include one or two younger players amongst his substitutes, because centre-half Josh Thompson will again miss out due to a twisted ankle.
Left-back Ryan Dickson will not be risked, due to his recent virus, although he could be on the bench.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 7 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Preston loanee Monakana scored on his U’s debut last weekend, and is set to excite the U’s home fans tomorrow, while Everton loanee Garbutt will be hoping to deliver another composed display at left-back.