U’s keeper Ben Williams to consider long-term future
COLCHESTER United No. 1 Ben Williams is keeping his options open for next season, and beyond.
Ex-Carlisle keeper Williams, who is set to chalk up his 106th league appearance for the U’s this afternoon, against high-flying Huddersfield, is in no rush to decide his future, even though his current contract expires this summer.
Williams explained: “I spoke to the manager early on, at the start of January, to see what the club would be offering, if they were offering a contract.
“The manager has come back with the chairman, and it’s now a case of looking over that and deciding where we go from here.
“I’ve expressed a desire that I would like to stay. It’s now about if everything stacks up, because I’m at a period in my career where it is not just about me. I have a young family and it’s doing what’s best by them.
“But my fiance and son have been based down here for the last three years, so there’s no rush to clear the area,” added Williams.
- 1 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 4 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 5 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 6 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 7 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith