U's make Sunday signing
IT was easy like Akanni-Sunday Wasiu this morning after Colchester made their sixth summer signing.
Football: Colchester have made their sixth summer signing after Akanni-Sunday Wasiu joined the club.
Geraint Williams moved swiftly to capture the 24-year-old Nigerian who was a free agent after leaving St Albans.
Sunday scored three goals in three friendlies for the U's and was snapped up to bolster Colchester's attack after Kevin Lisbie's switch to Ipswich Town.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday, whose previous clubs include Latvian side FC Vilnius, has been looked at closely by Bournemouth and Brentford but The U's signed him up after a second look.
The much-travelled striker banged in three goals in 12 appearances for St Albans and was handed another trial at Colchester after a spell training with the U's last season at Layer Road.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash