Colchester United sign Brandon Comley permanently from QPR
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United have today signed loanee Brandon Comley on a permanent basis from Queens Park Rangers.
The 22-year-old has been a regular in the heart of the U’s midfield since joining on loan from QPR at the start of the season, making 17 starts and four substitute appearances in League Two fixtures.
His loan deal expired after Saturday’s defeat at Wycombe Wanderers, but the U’s have moved quickly to secure his services.
He leaves Rangers after coming through the ranks at Loftus Road and has signed a deal to join the U’s until the summer of 2020.
So far this month the U’s have signed Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe and Ryan Gondoh from Maldon & Tiptree and allowed out-of-favour midfielder Craig Slater to depart on loan to Dundee United for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
There has also bee speculation linking star striker Sammie Szmodics with a £1m move to Bournemouth.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win