U’s must perform like ‘Duracell bunnies!’
- Credit: Archant
MANAGER Joe Dunne has asked his players to perform like “Duracell bunnies,” between now and the end of the season.
And that means high-energy football, with lots of stamina and lots of commitment,
“We’ve had a meeting about this, and we just feel like we have to be like Duracell bunnies and run and run and run, as well as pressing and harrying,” explained Dunne.
“If the first man goes and the next man doesn’t back him up, then the next one will be getting it.
“We had to earn the win (2-0 over Stevenage on Saturday), But Stevenage still only need a couple of wins to get out of it, while we still need more than that,” added Dunne.
The U’s escaped the relegation zone with their win at Broadhall Way.
And they will be hoping to open up more daylight between themselves and the bottom four, with a third win on the spin at Hartlepool tomorrow evening.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role