U’s sign Antonio
COLCHESTER United have signed young winger Michail Antonio on loan from Reading.
COLCHESTER United have signed young winger Michail Antonio on a one-month loan from Reading.
With U’s winger Ashley Vincent facing a possible long spell on the sidelines with a knee injury, manager John Ward has been quick to recruit 21-year-old Antonio as a replacement.
London-born Antonio moved to Reading from Tooting & Mitcham United in 2008. He had a loan spell at Cheltenham Town in the spring of 2009, and then had a season-long loan at Southampton in 2009-10, scoring three goals in 28 league appearances for the Saints.
He was back at Championship side Reading last season, and was a regular in their squad, although most of his appearances were from the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Vincent was stretchered off just before half-time in Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Reading, and will have a scan on the left knee this evening.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight