U’s sign Arsenal duo on loan on
COLCHESTER United’s new boss, Joe Dunne, has completed his second and third signings of the day, by snapping up the Arsenal duo of Craig Eastmond and winger Sanchez Watt on loan.
Wandsworth-born Eastmond is a 21-year-old midfielder, who is highly rated by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
He has so far made 10 first team appearances for the Gunners, four in the league and six in the cup.
In addition, Eastmond, who can operate as a right-back as well as defensive midfielder, has enjoyed loan spells at Millwall and Wycombe Wanderers.
Watt, meanwhile, is a 21-year-old winger who has made there appearances in Cup competitions for the Gunners, scoring against West Brom in the League Cup.
He has also had loan stints at Southend, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Crawley Town.
They both join striker Jabo Ibehre, signed on loan from MK Dons on a three-month deal earlier in the afternoon, as new additions to the U’s squad ahead of Saturday’s home game against Hartlepool.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
And like Ibehre, the Arsenal duo have both signed three-month loan deals, which will take them up to Boxing Day.