U’s sign striker Hewitt from QPR
COLCHESTER United have snapped up striker Troy Hewitt on loan from QPR for the rest of the season.
Hewitt is set to go straight into the U’s squad, for Saturday’s home game against Crewe, due to the absence of fellow strikers Freddie Sears (knee injury) and Jabo Ibehre (suspended).
East Londoner Hewitt, 23, signed for QPR from non-league Harrow Borough in early 2011, having scored 20 goals in 30 outings that season for the Ryman League club.
To date, Hewitt has made one substitute appearance for QPR, when he came on after 73 minutes of a Carling Cup tie against Rochdale, which hosts Rangers lost 2-0 on August 23, 2011.
He also had a loan spell at Dagenham & Redbridge last season, while this term he scored two goals in eight appearances for League One strugglers Bury.
You may also want to watch:
He netted the winner in a 2-1 win at Scunthorpe in November, and followed this up in the next game with the opener in a 2-2 home draw against Bournemouth.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy