U’s sign up Freddie
TEENAGE Academy striker Freddie Ladapo has signed his first professional contract with Colchester United.
Ladapo has impressed for the youth team and reserves over the last couple of years, and he netted both goals in the U’s second string’s 2-0 win over a West Ham XI yesterday afternoon.
Manager John Ward confirmed the news, during this morning’s press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to Wycombe.
“Freddie (Ladapo) has just signed a pro contract,” explained Ward.
“He signed at the start of the week, which is nice. That will take him through to next season.
You may also want to watch:
“What we have agreed with Freddie is that he signs that contract now, and as a professional he will now go to work with the senior players.
“He had been out on loan at Maldon, but we brought him back from that.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
“We are now looking to progress him, and we had a very nice response from him (against West Ham), showing the reason why we offered him that contract.”
London-born Ladapo first shot to prominence two years ago, when scoring both goals in the U’s Essex Senior Cup Final victory over Hornchurch.