U’s snap up Eastmond from Gunners
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
COLCHESTER United have secured their first signing of the summer by snapping up Craig Eastmond this afternoon.
Midfield general Eastmond impressed during a loan spell from Arsenal last season, arriving on the same day as Joe Dunne was installed as the new U’s boss.
He helped to lift the Essex club out of the relegation zone and towards mid-table, before his loan stint was cut short by injury.
Eastmond has signed a two-year deal.
The 22-year-old impressed during his 12 appearances for the U’s last term, scoring two goals, in the 2-0 home win over Carlisle and the 2-2 draw at Shrewsbury.
You may also want to watch:
His last outing was the 5-1 defeat by MK Dons.
Eastmond is set to become a key player for the U’s during 2013-14, having shown his strengths as a good passer of the ball from a central role in front of the back four.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema