U’s snap up Potts from Hammers
COLCHESTER United have recruited Dan Potts on loan from West Ham.
Left-back Potts, the son of former West Ham skipper Steve Potts, has been recruited on a month’s loan from the Hammers this afternoon, before the loan window closed.
The 18-year-old was voted the Hammers’ Young Player of the Year last season, during which he made his four senior appearances for the London club.
This season, Potts has been restricted to a couple of senior outings, both in the Capital One Cup, against Crewe and Wigan.
Otherwise, he has been a regular in the under-21 set-up.
You may also want to watch:
Potts will wear the U’s squad No. 41, and has signed an initial one-month loan until December 22.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 9 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25