U’s snap up Sullivan on loan
COLCHESTER United have signed keeper John Sullivan on loan from Charlton Athletic.
Sullivan has been snapped up ahead of the U’s League One test at Crewe Alexandra tomorrow afternoon.
Manager Joe Dunne was keen to increase the competition for the U’s No. 1 jersey, following the recent defeats at Chelmsford and by Notts County.
He will therefore vie with Mark Cousins for a starting place.
Sullivan, aged 24, began his career at Brighton, where he signed professional forms in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
He did not make his league debut for another three years, and that season he played for the Seagulls in a 2-1 defeat to Colchester United at the Withdean Stadium on Boxing Day, 2008, when he conceded an own goal (by defender Adam Hinshelwood).
Sullivan signed permanently for Charlton in the summer of 2011. He has played 13 league games for the Addicks, but has not made an appearance this season.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees