U’s swoop to sign striker Ibehre
COLCHESTER United’s new boss, Joe Dunne, has made his first signing just hours after being officially unveiled as John Ward’s full-time successor.
Dunne has snapped up MK Dons striker Jabo Ibehre on a three-month loan deal.
Ibehre is an experienced 29-year-old front-runner, who enjoyed eight seasons at his first club Leyton Orient, where he chalked up more than 200 league appearances.
He moved on to Walsall in 2008-09, where he scored 15 goals in all competitions in just one campaign, before signing for MK Dons in 2009. He has also had loan spells at Southend and Stockport.
Ibehre will wear the No. 12 shirt with the U’s.
You may also want to watch:
Ibehre said: “I was buzzing to come here and play when I heard a couple of weeks ago that there was interest from Colchester United.
“As a footballer, you just want to play, so I was really happy that an opportunity had opened up.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Ibehre bagged nine goals for MK Dons last season, including one in the big 5-1 win at Colchester on November 19, 2011.
He started the Dons’ first game of this season, a 2-0 home win over Oldham, and has made four further appearances from the bench.