U’s team news ahead of Rovers clash
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, has no new injury concerns ahead of tomorrow’s key home game against Tranmere Rovers.
The U’s have dropped back into the relegation zone, following last weekend’s 3-0 defeat at Sheffield United, combined with results elsewhere, but Dunne has virtually a full-strength squad at his disposal.
Right-back Brian Wilson missed the trip to Bramall Lane, due to a calf injury, but he is pushing for a return.
The U’s only two long-term absentees, club skipper Kem Izzet and deputy keeper Mark Cousins, are also back in training after their respective ankle and wrist injuries.
Cousins will be hoping to return to the bench, as back-up for Sam Walker, although Izzet is still some way off a return to competitive senior action – the midfielder’s last game was the 1-0 defeat at Doncaster on January 5. He could be pushing for a place by mid-March.
Meanwhile, tomorrow’s visitors Tranmere boosted their attacking options yesterday, by signing Stoke City striker Mamady Sidibe on loan for the remainder of the season.
Big target man Sidibe has struggled with serious injuries in recent years, but could still prove to be a handful at this level.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
The Mali international scored once in 10 outings for Championship club Sheffield Wednesday during a loan spell earlier in the season.