U’s team news ahead of Shrews visit
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United will be looking to rubber-stamp their place in League One for next season, against Shrewsbury Town this Saturday.
A home win over the Shrews would guarantee survival for the U’s, but if relegation rivals Scunthorpe lose at MK Dons, then the Essex club will be safe regardless of their result at the Community Stadium.
It will be another strong squad to choose from, for manager Joe Dunne, as his assistant Mark Kinsella confirmed this morning.
Midfielder David Wright, who was knocked out and stretchered off during last weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Notts County, will miss out again, as will centre-half Josh Thompson with a sore hamstring.
But otherwise, the U’s have a clean bill of health.
You may also want to watch:
Kinsella revealed: “Josh Thompson is still out, and David Wright is recovering slowly. It will be difficult for him to come back before this weekend.
“It was a serious incident last weekend, and although David was at the ground on Tuesday, for the MK Dons match (2-0 defeat), he was still feeling groggy. He hasn’t trained yet.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
“But Tom Eastman has got a couple of under-21 matches under his belt, and he came through them,” added Kinsella.
Eastman is on the comeback trail from an ankle injury.